12 Months InPosted: January 13, 2015 Filed under: Personal, Telstra 4 Comments
It’s been 12 months since I started with Telstra. My pass still worked after a few weeks off, so that’s a good sign.
Anyways…. looking back on the past 12 months, lots happened …..
- the group I joined changed names from GAP to TSG
- got to meet some wonderful folks at muru-d
- helped out with the pilot for codeclub australia
- met a bunch of passionate API folks
- went to SF for the I ♥ APIs 2014 conference
- created the #stickercolumn
- was a guest on the 100th edition of the franklyspeaking podcast
- spent time with lots of API platform vendors – which has been strange for me, as I spent such a long time with a technology vendor
- got to work with a bunch of really smart people
- plus a bunch of other stuff that has made the past 12 months zoom by!
Enough looking back – time to look forward. Onward to the next 12.
So far the job has been pretty much inward looking, as we worked to get a API platform in place & get some APIs on-boarded to the platform.
But that’s all about about to change!
I have an upcoming talk at APIDays Sydney, titled “Telstra’s Path to API Enlightenment” and I’ll use that to describe the journey we’ve been on. (oh, and speaking of journey, I saw a great tweet recently by Aussienick which describes a similar journey)
So here’s to the next twelve months and beyond.
[…] 12 Months In → […]
[…] last couple of these types of posts I’ve done have included a bit of a recap – 12 Months In & 546 Days so I will spare the look back, suffice to say a fair bit of stuff got done […]
[…] 12 Months In […]
[…] It’s been 1430 days or thereabouts, since I started my adventure with Telstra. First with the API strategy, then with the Innovation Ecosystem System engagement within the CTO; not to mention my “side […]