Today marks 18 months I’ve been at Telstra. Feels just like the other day I posted about 12 Months In
The last 18 months is best summed up like this – the first 6 months was spent working on the API strategy, the next 6 months was to sell the strategy, and the last 6 months to implement. So we now find ourselves at the start of the next phase.
- Telstra opens first public API to developers
- #I ♥ APIS
- The rise of API-ification within the Australian and New Zealand startup ecosystem
- Inside Telstra’s shift to an ‘API first’ culture
So, as I had said earlier, we’re now at the start of the next phase. The developer portal is open. We have a few public APIs, and we’ve have had great community support, with blog posts, articles, and code samples.
- Sending SMS Through PowerShell with Telstra’s New API
- Telstra SMS API, python and git
- Using Telstra API to send SMS in ASP.NET
- Pun-a-day service
- SDKS.IO Telstra SMS (AUS)
- Using The Telstra SMS API With Zabbix
- the group I joined changed names from GAP to TSG
- got to meet some wonderful folks at muru-d
- helped out with the pilot for codeclub australia
- met a bunch of passionate API folks
- went to SF for the I ♥ APIs 2014 conference
- created the #stickercolumn
- was a guest on the 100th edition of the franklyspeaking podcast
- spent time with lots of API platform vendors – which has been strange for me, as I spent such a long time with a technology vendor
- got to work with a bunch of really smart people
- plus a bunch of other stuff that has made the past 12 months zoom by!
Enough looking back – time to look forward. Onward to the next 12.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 1,300 times in 2014. If it were a cable car, it would take about 22 trips to carry that many people.
My fitbit #Fitstats_AU for 12/29/2014: 6,592 steps and 4.8 km traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/229VLQ
My fitbit #Fitstats_AU for 12/28/2014: 5,224 steps and 3.7 km traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/229VLQ
My fitbit #Fitstats_AU for 12/27/2014: 21,632 steps and 15.4 km traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/229VLQ